***** Good for 16 Continuing Education Credits (CECs). *****
* CFES certified Fitness Instructor in any designation or CFES Personal Trainer certification.
In this course you will learn:
Several important lessons to help you become a better fitness professional by being able to complete
the mission piece of the training puzzle – nutrition
- In this course you will learn:
Physiology of aging, emotional, physical and social factors that make the older adult a unique fitness participant,
- program modifications,
- nutritional concerns,
- program design,
- safety and risk management,
- health challenges facing older adults,
- pre-exercise screening and information gathering,
- leadership of older adults and much more.
Why nutrition is such an important part of the training/coaching process
Becoming more confident with the science of exercise nutrition with includes topics like cellular function,
digestion and absorption, energy transfer and macronutrient biochemistry.
How the system can be broken down into 4 simple steps of Assessing, Advising, Measuring and Adjusting.
Putting it all into practice.
Facilities where courses are taught:
ARC - Abbotsford Recreation Center
34690 Old Yale Road
Abbotsford, B. C. V2S 7S6